Hello, this blog will be about my thoughts, life, and Scripture reading as I go through The Word of God. Come and follow me on my journey.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Time with My Lord

Well, I sat down to do a study on Psalm 73 but God had other intentions for me (later on this). I sat to read what Pastor Dan gave as an overview of Psalm 73:
  • Be alert to early signs of drift
  • Be aware and honest of personal weakness
  • Be persuaded that full/forever is better than partial/passing
  • Be certain that sanity come in community
  • Be confident that God's Grace keeps/perseveres His people
Idolatry is never removed---Just replaced!!

Well, I transferred my notes to a "new" journal. Why "new" in quotations? Because I love journals and have plenty of them!!! I went to our book shelves and picked out two commentaries to help me in my study: Wiersbe and McGee. And noticed a journal long forgotten. Before I wrote my notes from last Sunday evening I started with Joshua 1.7a "Be strong and courageous". These words helped me get through my difficult storm of losing Noah, my firstborn. That's weird to write "losing", no I did not misplace him. He was a stillbirth at 37 weeks. He had the nuchal cord around his neck twice and body once. Well back to my journal long forgotten. I started reading it and the 2nd entry was that I was going to find out what I was having a boy or girl at my next appointment (that was in Nov. of 2005). The next entry was in Jan. of 2007 where I was going to meet Rose, a counselor at Apex, for the 1st time. I told her my story about little Noah. She reminded me and pointed it out in Scripture to fix my eyes on Jesus. *Hebrews 12.2* So I read through the 12 entries that I had in this journal. Journals are great to do. It lets you know how far you have come and grown. My last entry I wrote about was thanking the Lord for the morning light and that it was peaceful. Even though I was not feeling good. That month I found out that I was pregnant and she is our 3rd child Little Seanna! Thank you Lord for my two precious gifts: Selah (2007) was born near Mother's day (her b-day actually lands on Mother's day in 2010) and Seanna (2008) was my b-day gift. Yes we both share the same day! See two gifts from the Lord.

See I have gotten away from my study of Psalm 73, but after reading my entries I just cried and cried. I know that I will see Jesus and little Noah. 
 
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, 
that I may tell of all your works.
Psalm 73.28



No comments:

Post a Comment